Saturday, September 29, 2012

A birthday party

Joaquin's 1st Jungle Safari Birthday Party has inspired me to finally do this blog.

I am proud to share with you all the party preparations I did from designing the invites and party backdrop, setting up the ceiling decors, shopping for game prizes and party favors, to making an eye candy dessert table.

The party venue was Outback Steakhouse in Libis, Quezon City. They offer no-frills party packages, which you can learn more about in my next post (Outback Steakhouse Party Venue). Of course, with the ambiance of the place, we decided the theme to be Jungle Safari and include the whole cast of Madagascar.

Jungle Safari Party Invitation
Madagascar Party Invitation
Jungle Safari Party Backdrop
The Party Backdrop
For the decors, I bought animal print balloons in Divisoria, made brown and green crepe paper vines, and crafted colorful paper pom-poms. With the help of our helpers only, I was able to make a colorful jungle-like scenery.


Jungle Safari Party Decorations

In support of the plastic bag ordinance, I decided to place my party favors such as jumping frogs, toy snake, bubble set, animal stickers and Madagascar notepad in paper bags. These, including all the game prizes I purchased in Divisoria Mall for only Php7.00 - Php15.00 each.

Madagascar Safari Party Favors

Lastly, my dessert table, which instantly became the center attraction of the party. I placed the birthday cake here because the photos would be very nice when we do the candle blowing.

Madagascar Safari Dessert Table
Madagascar Safari Dessert Table

All the candies and chocolates I bought in the supermarket and chocolate lovers. The jungle themed cake I ordered from Goldilocks Bakeshop.

The chocolate cupcakes I got from Shoppesville Bakeshop in Katipunan Avenue for just P15.00 each.

Madagascar Safari Cupcakes
Madagascar Safari Dessert Table
Printed character standees and labels.  

Madagascar Safari Dessert Table_Ladybug Chocolates

A cluster of ladybug beetles. Looks kind of real to me :)
The grass mat and plastic leaves you can purchase at the home section of SM and Landmark while the ladybug chocolates you can find at Chocolate Lovers. 

I also made bear-shaped lollipops in orange and green. I bought the colored-chocolate bars, mold, lollipop sticks and plastics in Chocolate Lovers, one of the places where I buy baking essentials.

Madagascar Safari Dessert Table

I hope you liked Joaquin's Jungle Safari with Madagascar Party :)


VENDOR CREDITS:

Shoppesville Bakeshop
355 Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. (02) 426-1246 / 426-1247 / 920-8050

Chocolate Lovers
45 P. Tuazon Blvd., Cubao, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. (02) 724-4964 / 724-5752
info@achoclatelover.com
www.achocolatelover.com

Goldilocks Bakeshop
www.goldilocks.com.ph/bakeshop/celebration-cakes

1 comments:

benilhalk said...

What a special birthday party it is. I loved this theme at just first glance. All these photos are adorable and that cake is my favorite. I am quite inspired with all the great party photos and yeah all other blog posts are also fabulous. At one of the local Chicago venues we too attended a weekend party and that also turned out to be super fantastic.

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog